Business Writing Course Sydney
Our practical Business Writing Course is a must if you want to promote professionalism. All training courses can be delivered on site in Sydney and all major states in Australia. This course will help you to sharpen your report writing skills, and prepare documents and emails. Our on site classroom style training courses are flexible and practical and are aimed at businesses and individuals who need affordable, quality training.
The ability to convey ideas, facts and meaning through the written word is a key skill for success at work and in life in general and especially in the age of digital media. There may be margin for error when emailing a colleague internally but for those who write on behalf of the company, the expectations are much higher with the focus being on good spelling and grammar. They are often required to produce writing that persuades, conveys certain values or explains complicated ideas in an easily digestible format.
These skills can take years to develop but there are many tips you can employ straight away to make improvements in how engaging, persuasive and readable your writing is. Whether you have to produce enticing web copy, readable research reports, emails or just generally polished business writing, this course offers a wide range of useful ideas that will have an instant impact on your writing skills, as well as plenty of opportunities for individual feedback from an expert facilitator.
Business Writing Course Sydney (1 Day Workshop)
Business Writing Course Sydney
Business Writing Course Sydney, in this 1 day hands on workshop, delegates gain a grounding in good writing in the workplace and beyond. Concentrating on simple strategies to clarify audience needs and business objectives, the focus is around studying the principles of good writing structure and applying this in real life common situations.
This essentials business writing course provides a useful introduction to the concepts of report writing.
To write clearly and concisely, regardless of industry or role.
Delegates will gain a clear understanding of how to write different business documents. Delegates will learn how to write for a specific context, audience, and purpose using the correct structure using jargon free communication.
- Understanding audience needs, reaffirming objectives, and choosing the right level of formality before starting to write
- Audience analysis
- Mind Mapping
- Internal – letters, emails, memos, agendas and minutes
- External – web pages, business profiles, proposals and presentations
- Practising the rules of good paragraphing, with a topic sentence and strong linking techniques, and ensuring an unmistakable call to action at the end
- Helping your reader scan for information, using features such as clear formatting, heading levels, illustrations that replace busy text, bulleted lists and more
- An overview of good grammar and business writing style
- An introduction to self-editing using various techniques at different stages of the writing process.