Basic Computer Courses for Beginners
Our basic computer class in Frenchs Forest is now available priced at just $250 + GST (ask about a discount if you are paying as an individual for your own training).
We focus on the essentials including creating a saving a Word document, file and folder management and much more. Class sizes are small with a maximum of 6 people. Bring your laptop and come join us for a friendly, no jargon, fun and informative morning session.
Basic Computer Course for Beginners (Windows)
Our Basic Computer Course will provide you with the skills to create and save files in a structured way and understand some of the new technologies including saving files in the cloud. You’ll learn how to create an organised folder system and navigate your way around Windows effortlessly. This course is for you if: you feel relatively comfortable using a mouse and keyboard but lack confidence and struggle to navigate common programs and want to learn the basics plus a few tips and tricks.
Using Microsoft Windows
- General Windows navigation, open, close, restore, resize
Working with Programs
- Add shortcuts to programs for ease of access
- Simple file management with File Explorer
- Saving files and working with folders
- Organising files and folders
Working with Files
- Creating a basic Microsoft Word document
- Formatting a document
- Cut, copy and paste
- Making and saving changes to your document
- Saving a document to your file system
- Saving a document to the Cloud (OneDrive)
- Sharing a file in the Cloud
- Print preview and print settings
- Sending a file attachment to an email recipient
- Sharing a file
- Flagging emails
- Replying and Forwarding
- Managing the Inbox
- Going to a specific website and bookmarking
NOTE: your computer should have Windows and Microsoft Office installed
Combine topics to create your own tailor made course. Ask about our free training needs analysis for a truly relevant and hands on learning experience. We can run any course in Sydney and Melbourne and most other Australian states. Courses are flexible with timings and durations to suit your busy staff schedule. If you’re looking for Basic Computer Courses for Beginners in Sydney, we can help.