Resilience Training Sydney Onsite or Virtual
Do you feel under pressure at work? Do you need to manage change, solve tough problems or juggle multiple priorities? If the answer to any of these questions is yes, this course will get you back on track. You will hear how your ‘psychological capital’ impacts your mindset and learn to shift out of ‘negative’ thinking patterns that deplete your energy and lower your mood. This one day workshop can be delivered onsite in Sydney or virtually online.
Resilience Training (1 Day Course)
Resilience Training Sydney
During this course you will learn how to dispute pessimistic thinking patterns using the learned optimism model and boost your resilience by applying solution-focused thinking tools. Finally, we will use attention management and mindfulness techniques to reduce stress and improve your wellbeing. This course will give you the ability to learn positively from challenges, negative experiences and setbacks.
What you will learn
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- explain how the scientific study of human flourishing – positive psychology – can benefit you personally and professionally
- boost your levels of hope, optimism, resilience and self-efficacy, using tools from applied psychology
- challenge the thoughts that hold you back, using Martin Seligman’s learned optimism model
- adopt a resilient attitude when faced with challenges, disruptive changes or problems
- regulate your emotions using mindful attention techniques
- learn from problems and setbacks, by taking on a growth mindset and using reflective thinking tools.
What is positive psychology?
Find out how building positive psychological capital will help you thrive in times of change or challenge. During this session, we will:
- explore four key elements of psychological capital: hope, self-efficacy, resilience and optimism
- discuss case studies illustrating how to boost these elements when facing challenges at work
- find out how to change your individual thinking patterns, so you can increase your ‘positivity ratio’ and bounce back during tough times.
Increasing your optimism levels
Is your inner voice positive, affirming and solution-focused? Or does pessimistic self-talk cause your anxiety levels to soar? In this session, you will learn to:
- think more optimistically, using proven techniques from positive psychology
- spot irrational thoughts and do something about them
- discover how hope and optimism differ from each other
- use hope theory and learned optimism techniques to build a positive view of the future.
Building your resilience
Some people seem naturally better equipped to bounce back when things go wrong. These people have resilient mindsets. What do they do differently and how can you learn to do it, too? Find out as we explore the psychology of resilience. Learn to shift out of ‘learned helplessness’ mode and think optimistically.
In this session, you will learn how to use scaling questions and the ABCDE model to reframe your perspective on problems and adversity.
Regulating your emotions
Challenges, misfortunes and unexpected change can trigger stress. Regulating your emotions can help you to reduce the negative impact of stress states.
In this session, you’ll try out a range of mindfulness techniques for regulating emotions. You will also try out simple tools for focusing your attention and reducing stress. These include mindful attention, mindful photography and savouring techniques.
This is not a meditation program, but you will also learn about recent research into the benefits of mindfulness meditation.
Learning from setbacks
As you go through life, you will encounter challenges and make mistakes. The way you respond to these situations is more important than what happens. The evidence from positive psychology is very clear: responding from a growth-oriented mindset helps you learn from your experience. People with this mindset reflect on their experiences – good and bad – and use them to learn.
In this session, you will discover how to use a three-step reflective thinking process to adopt a growth mindset and learn from setbacks. Learn what a growth mindset is and how to adopt it.