Project Management Courses Sydney
Trainers Direct offers a comprehensive 2 day essentials Project Management course which aims to offer first-hand, practical experience with the fundamentals of project management. Contact us for further information on our range of Project Management courses including Microsoft Project.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT 2 DAY WORKSHOP
Our 2 Day Introduction to Project Management will enhance your ability to lead teams and analyse complex problems.
This course is designed for those who are either managing, running or contributing to an organisation’s projects and initiatives but have had little or no training in the discipline. This course covers the main aspects of project management enabling you to better understand project management structure, ask relevant questions of project stakeholders and improve your contribution to successful projects within your organisation.
This project management course will cover the following content:
- The range of Project Management approaches available
- The suitability of each of the Project Management approaches for different types of projects
- Different business models and organisational structures for running projects
- Identifying the challenges along the project lifecycle
- Project governance throughout the project lifecycle
- Models and frameworks for building high performing project teams
- Managing the project sponsor and their project brief
- How to initiate and scope a project
- Planning the project
- Managing the trade-off across time, cost and quality
- Identifying risk appetite and managing project risk accordingly
- Procuring project resources, both human and material
- Managing project change and resolving project issues
- Controlling projects relative to each milestone
- Project review, progress reporting and performance reports
- Project close and post-evaluation/lessons learned.
At the completion of this course you will be able to:
- Use more advanced tools and techniques in project management for leading projects
- Respond to a project brief from a Project Sponsor
- Develop the project scope from the Project Sponsor’s brief and achieve Project Sponsor approval
- Initiate a project after gaining approval, including listing project deliverables, constraints, quality requirements and outcomes
- Effectively estimate timing, costs and resources required for more complex projects as part of your project plan
- Build a project management culture by motivating and successfully leading multi-functional project teams
- Manage change caused by variances against time schedules and cost budgets
- Conduct risk management activities and apply project scope controls
- Direct project communications in all directions by effectively managing upwards, sideways and in so doing, enabling a high performing project team
- Evaluate project outcomes and draw lessons from the project for continuous improvement.
This project management course will be delivered as an interactive workshop consisting of an instructor-led lecture, group and individual activities. This training approach allows participants to work through concepts introduced by the trainer in an application-focused teaching environment. Participants will challenge their understanding of the concepts and consider their application once back in their individual workplace.