Microsoft Word for Report Writing
Strong Microsoft Word skills are important if you regularly write reports, tenders or proposals which are often long and very detailed or if you work in a busy office environment. Sometimes these types of documents are provided in the form of a template with a standard layout, often with formatting restrictions which can seem frustrating without a sound understanding of Word.
This Microsoft Word course includes skills from intro to advanced level as there are so many key topics at all three levels which are essential for business users and report writers. Unlike other training companies, we cover the essential requirements over a single day.
Word for Report Writing
Microsoft Word for Report Writing – Sydney & Melbourne
This is an intermediate to advanced level 1 day essentials course packed with the vital ingredients you will need to do your job if you’re a business user or report writer producing tender responses, grants, proposals or long reports.
COURSE OUTLINE – 1 DAY
- Customising Word – Set up defaults to guarantee stress free formatting and AutoCorrect
- Customise the Ribbon and QAT to make your general routine tasks easier
- Setting up AutoCorrect and AutoFormat including numbering and bullets
- Understanding how to manage tabs and indentation
- Using automatic numbering with headings
- Inserting and managing Page Breaks
- Using section breaks to allow for different portrait/landscape pages and different page layouts including headers and footers
- How to control formatting efficiently within a document
- Using heading styles and custom styles to format a document
- Produce and automatic Table of Contents and Index or Glossary
- Using Building Blocks to reuse blocks of text and other objects at the click of a button
- Controlling images
- Updating document formatting quickly without the need for repetition
- Working collaboratively using track changes to manage edits by multiple reviewers
- Outline view for summarising and working efficiently with long documents
- Setting up templates
- Benefits of attending this course:- This course will save users hours of wasted time on repetitive tasks which will be automated and made more efficient with a greater understanding of this powerful piece of software.
Microsoft Office short courses are available on site throughout NSW including Sydney CBD, Parramatta, Wetherill Park, Mascot, Hills District, North Sydney, Chatswood, St Leonards, Smithfield, Ryde, Pennant Hills, Sutherland Shire, Norwest, Macquarie Business Park, Bondi, Horsnby, Arndell Park, St Marys, Penrith, Fairfield and Northern Beaches. Check out our public course dates and competitive prices.
- Tailored PDF course notes
- Membership of our support group
- Complimentary training needs analysis
- Laptop hire available